Riverbend offers standards-aligned programs designed to connect students with the natural world and bring STEM to life through the lens of nature. Riverbend’s environmental educators are trained to deliver developmentally appropriate programming that is relevant to children from all backgrounds and abilities.
Introducing Riverbend’s brand new Nature Based STEM field trip!
Experience Riverbend like never before.
Ever wonder what it's like to come face to face with an American toad? Explore a sassafras forest or build your own investigation about water? Students can do all of this and more this spring and summer, in person, at Riverbend.
In this student driven experience, you will have unlimited access to explore Riverbend’s preserve while completing a customized mission based on your topic. Students will learn through participating in hands-on, inquiry based modules at stations around Riverbend, including our pond, stream, meadow and bird observation station. In this self-guided experience, your students will learn to navigate the natural world and investigate environmental concepts, building from their own curiosity. A Riverbend educator will greet your group and explain the day’s mission to get you started and help you along the way. The group will wrap up together before enjoying lunch or heading back to school.
The field trip includes:
- A Riverbend Environmental Educator to welcome your group, providing an introduction to the experience and support your group throughout your visit.
- Access to Riverbend’s new learning tool and field trip guide via the GooseChase app. Print copies of the field trip exploration guide are available upon request.
- Field tools at each station to support the learning, including field guides, nets, water testing tools and more.
- Free bus parking
- Space for your group to enjoy lunch
- Indoor space for your group to place backpacks, lunches
- Pre K-2nd grade: Habitats
- 3rd grade-5th grade: Watersheds or Ecosystems
- 6th-8th grade: Aquaponics or Ecosystems
- Mixed age groups: A general Riverbend mission is available for youth groups, scouts and camps for ages. Recommended for ages 5-12 years.
All programs support Next Generation Science Standards, PA Academic Standards in Science, ELA and Math and support the development of critical learning skills.
Field Trip Pricing and Registration
Price per field trip is $750 for up to 75 students
$20 for each additional student, Max 100 students
To register, please email Erin McCool or call 610.527.5234 ext. 112 today!
As an outdoor education facility, Riverbend closely monitors weather conditions. Student safety is our top priority.
Riverbend programs run rain or shine. However, in the event of unsafe weather conditions, Riverbend staff will determine if a program can safely operate and notify schools of cancellations by 7:30 on the morning of the program. In the event that a program is cancelled due to weather, we will work with schools to reschedule within the same calendar year.
All other cancellation/reschedule requests must be received in writing at least 3 weeks before the originally scheduled program date. Riverbend cannot provide refunds for cancelled programs.