Riverbend offers standards-aligned programs designed to connect students with the natural world and bring nature-based science to life through the lens of our preserve. Riverbend’s environmental educators are trained to deliver developmentally appropriate programming that is relevant to children from all backgrounds and abilities.
What to Expect:
Explore science concepts in person
Ever wonder what it's like to come face to face with a crawfish? Search under fallen logs or build your own investigation about water? Students can do all of this and more, all year round, at Riverbend.
Students will learn through participating in hands-on, inquiry-based activities at stations around Riverbend’s 30-acre preserve. Sites to explore include our pond, stream, meadow, forest, and Aquaponics Greenhouse. With the help of Riverbend Educators, your students will learn to navigate the natural world and investigate environmental concepts, building from their own curiosity.
The field trip includes:
Riverbend Environmental Educators to welcome your group, provide an introduction to the experience and guide your group throughout your visit.
Free bus parking
Space for your group to enjoy lunch
Indoor space for your group to place backpacks, lunches
Ask about adding pre and post visits to the experience. A Riverbend educator can lead in-class activities to continue exploring program topics with your group ($300/visit/30 students).
Pre K-2nd grade: Habitats or Plant-Pollinator interactions
3rd grade-5th grade: Watersheds or Ecosystems or Food Systems
6th-8th grade: Aquaponics or Ecosystems, Riverbend’s Amazing Race, Riverbend’s Service Learning Field Trip
- Mixed age groups: Field Trips are available for youth groups and camps for various ages. Recommended for learners 8-12 years old. What do you want to explore?
All programs support:
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Development of critical learning skills
Field Trip Pricing and Registration
- Price per field trip is $750 for up to 50 students
- $12 for each additional student, Max 75 students
- The Amazing Race Field Trip is $1050 for up to 50 students and $15 for each additional student up to 75 students
- The Service Learning Field Trip is $1250 for up to 50 students and $20 for each additional student up to 75 student
- Price per Winter field trip (December 1-March 31) is $450 for grades K-2 up to 50 students and $500 for grades 3-5 for up to 50 students
To register, please visit Explorable Places, our registration platform, to find available dates for your field trip. If you have any questions about programs or the registration process, please email Suzanne Safranor call 610.527.5234 ext. 112 today!
As an outdoor education facility, Riverbend closely monitors weather conditions. Student safety is our top priority.
Riverbend programs run rain or shine. However, in the event of unsafe weather conditions, Riverbend staff will determine if a program can safely operate and notify schools of cancellations by 7:30 on the morning of the program. In the event that a program is canceled due to weather, we will work with schools to reschedule within the same calendar year.
All other cancellation/reschedule requests must be received in writing at least 3 weeks before the originally scheduled program date. Riverbend cannot provide refunds for canceled programs.